Cauliflower Rice Kimchi Bowls Recipe
Elevate your weeknight dinner with these Cauliflower Rice Kimchi Bowls, a delicious and vibrant dish that combines the goodness of cauliflower rice, tofu, veggies, and kimchi. Bursting with flavors and textures, this vegan and gluten-free recipe offers a wholesome and satisfying meal. The coconut sauce ties everything together, adding a creamy and tangy finish to the bowls.
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Bowls:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon tamari
- 6 leaves curly kale, stemmed and torn
- 14 ounces baked tofu
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup kimchi (ensure vegan and gluten-free)
- ¼ cup microgreens (optional)
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Lime slices, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, white miso paste, rice vinegar or lime juice, minced ginger, and a pinch of sea salt. Set aside.
For the Bowls:
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over low heat. Add riced cauliflower, chopped scallions, minced garlic, and a few pinches of sea salt. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to remove the raw flavor. Remove from heat and stir in half of the coconut sauce. Portion the cauliflower rice into 4 bowls.
- Wipe the skillet and heat it to medium with a few splashes of olive oil. Add sliced shiitake mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in rice vinegar and tamari. Add mushrooms to the cauliflower bowls.
- Wipe out the skillet again, add a bit of water, and add torn kale. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 1 minute or until lightly wilted.
- Assemble the bowls by drizzling more coconut sauce over each portion of cauliflower. Add wilted kale, baked tofu, diced avocado, and kimchi to the bowls. Include microgreens and sesame seeds if desired. Serve with any remaining sauce and lime slices on the side.
- Use a nonstick skillet for cooking cauliflower rice to prevent sticking.
- Adjust the quantity of coconut sauce according to personal preference.
- For added crunch, toast sesame seeds before sprinkling them on the bowls.
- Double-check kimchi ingredients for vegan and gluten-free considerations.
Indulge in a delightful culinary experience with these Cauliflower Rice Kimchi Bowls. Packed with nutrient-rich ingredients and an array of flavors, this vegan and gluten-free dish is a perfect choice for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. Embrace the fusion of textures, the creaminess of the coconut sauce, and the bold kick from kimchi in every satisfying bite!