Kale-Infused Guacamole: A Nutrient-Rich Dip Delight
This kale guacamole recipe takes the beloved traditional guac to new heights of healthiness by incorporating nutrient-packed kale leaves. The result is a vibrant, green dip that retains all the zesty flavor and creamy texture you crave. Plus, it’s a creative way to sneak in extra greens into your diet.
Ingredients for Kale Guacamole:
- 3 leaves curly kale, stems removed
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup diced red onion, rinsed
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- Zest of 1 lime, juice of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Diced jalapeño (optional, for added heat)
The Step-by-Step Process:
- Begin by placing a steamer basket into a pot with about 1 inch of water and bring it to a boil. Add the kale leaves, cover, and steam them until they become very vibrantly green. This usually takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Once steamed, remove the kale and transfer it to kitchen towels. Pat it dry to remove excess moisture. Chill the kale; a quick stint in the freezer for about 5 minutes works perfectly. Finally, chop the chilled kale finely.
- In a large bowl, combine the finely chopped kale with the ripe avocados, diced red onion, diced cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, sea salt, and optional ground cumin and diced jalapeño.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash and fold the ingredients together until they are well combined. You want the guacamole to have a chunky yet dip-able consistency. Feel free to season it to your taste.
- Serve this wholesome kale guacamole with your favorite tortilla chips, and enjoy! It’s also a fantastic addition to dishes like burrito bowls or as a layer in a Vegan Seven-Layer Dip.
Go Beyond Traditional Guacamole: Try Kale Guacamole!
This kale guacamole recipe adds a nutritious twist to the classic dip, making it a perfect choice for health-conscious snackers and party hosts. Enjoy the fresh and tangy flavors, and don’t forget to invite your friends to share in this guilt-free indulgence.